You know you want to make money online but perhaps at this stage you aren’t sure what it really takes. You may have even seen sales-letters with marketers driving fancy cars or pictures of online millionaires standing outside a mansion that they have paid for with cold, hard cash. Deep down you know it’s possible to make a full-time living online, but you need to know just what it really takes to make that a reality. Whatever the scenario, you’re at the right place because in this article I am going to reveal what things you need to have in place in order to do just that.
1) You Need To Want It – Forget about all those people who buy lottery tickets and hope for their number to come up. Sure, it would be nice to buy a ticket and watch those winning numbers flash up on your television screen, but in reality for most of us that is unlikely to happen. You can also forget about these ‘push button’ systems out there that promise overnight riches. If you’re serious about building a successful online business and making a growing income online you need to not only want it, but be prepared to put in the hours of dedication required to make it a reality. Thankfully this is something you can build and control, it’s not about leaving things to chance.
2) You Need To Invest In Your Education – In most other walks of life, people accept that they will have to either study or get an apprenticeship in their chosen vocation in order to become proficient at it and succeed. It’s no different with making money online and building a business, so you should treat it as such. This means investing in the tools, materials and training necessary to achieve your online income goals.
3) You Need to Focus – Distraction is a success killer. If you’re the kind of person who keeps buying things without actually following everything all the way through without getting distracted, then you are not going to succeed. I call this shiny object syndrome and this lack of focus ensures you get little or nothing done by the end of the day. Once you have decided you are going to learn or do something, you must focus on that task until it is finished. This means you must learn to prioritize tasks in order of importance as well.
4) Understand Why People Buy – In order to make money online, a customer has to spend money in exchange for something of value. This means you need to understand not only why people buy, but also what they will be willing to spend money on. Think about your motivations for buying things online. What were the trigger points that led to you making a purchase?
5) Test Like A Ninja – As you build your online business, you will have traffic being driven to whatever you are offering. You need to identify what is working and what visitors are spending money and which campaigns are profitable. By knowing with absolute certainty what works and what doesn’t, you can ramp up what is bringing in the most money. Likewise, you will be able to eliminate campaigns which are not profitable. Testing is an often overlooked area of making money online which you ignore at your peril.
6) Re-Invest Profits – When you start making money on the internet, there is a temptation to enjoy much or all of the proceeds on those luxuries you may previously have not been in a position to afford. While it is always good to reward yourself for hard work, I recommend that you re-invest a significant percentage of those initial profits back into your online business. This extra investment will enable you to purchase high quality traffic and also expand your knowledge of internet marketing so you can grow your business more quickly.
7) Persistence Ultimately Always Beats Failure – Don’t be one of these people who throws in the towel when the going gets tough or when something in your online business doesn’t work out as you had planned. It’s true that in the first few months you may not make thousands of dollars, but if you stick at it and persist you will become profitable and your experience will allow you to make smarter decisions in your online business. Remember, when the path seems darkly lit, you don’t know how near you are to the light. Never quit on your dreams because you really can make money online and if you wish, enough to quit your day job.